Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Seattle has no cult-chah"

That is one of my all time favorite quotes, courtesy of a British Airways Flight Attendant.

And, this is part of the reason I hate all British people.
Why do they think they know everything?
Why do they always have superiority complexes?
Why are they so annoying?

I concede that, if in fact this guy was from London, I kind of understand how Seattle could seem to have comparatively less 'cultchah' than London because London is a pretty big deal. But what annoyed me was, a) the way he said it like he really knew and (I have a problem with people who are overly self-assured), b) that he followed up the comment by mentioning that he would rather fly to San Francisco or LA if he is going all the way over to the West Coast of America, as in, 'might as well go somewhere exciting'...and I guess more intriguingly cultural. Somewhere like Los Angeles.

No comments: