Saturday, July 19, 2008

Innocence Lost

There is some serious business to address.

First, I appear to have lost my Nancy Drew Clue Book. Or maybe, to be more accurate, my prized Nancy Drew Clue Book is M.I.A. I could not find it my backpack, purse, other purse, or alternate carrier. Bad news. So I have lost the 'movies to see list' as well the funny Ryan Oh Well Esky Quote list I had started.

Please return to me for a reward of $140404040 and a hug/kiss.

No questions asked.

Yesterday Kelsey, Rachel, Ryan, and I went on a hike in mt. Ranier national park. It was actually just a long walk on an access road because the lazy-ass camp rangers/former prison inmates had NOT GOTTEN AROUND to making the trail accessible to humans OR SOMETHING even though it is JULY. I don't really know. "At the top" (where we sat after hiking for an hour and a half), I read a little of "the Wendy Williams Experience" while everyone else ate the lunches that no one had reminded me to pack. I watched them eat and threw things at birds. I don't really like eating on hikes anyway. I find digesting food in the forest extremely uncomfortable.

In Ryan's car on the way back we listened to this song:

"It wont stop, I wont come down, I keep stock
With a tick tock rhythm and a bump for the drop
And then I bumped up
I took the hit I was given
Then I bumped again
And then I bumped again she said
I want something else, to get me through this
Semi-charmed kinda life
baby, baby"

[excerpt]

As we discussed. Remember when you would listen to that song in sixth grade, or whenever, and love it, and "wanna go out and make friends", as Ryan put it. It's pretty weird how you identify a feeling with a song and then ten years later realize what you were actually listening too. When I was 11 I think that I probably thought that song was sort of an energetic, optimistic love song. Then again, I was a rather perceptive child so perhaps I was already in tune with the morbid undertones. Regardless, now when I hear it, all I hear is,
"Yeah! Crystal Meth! woooooooooooooooooo!!!!"

But I still know all the words.
And I still kinda like it.

No comments: